Saturday, July 21, 2007

Milestones...

Happy Birthday to ... errr.. me?

No its not my birthday! You'd know if it was. Exactly one year ago I started my blog. When I started out, I wasn't quite sure what it was all about. I often questioned why people blogged. It was a chore that never got ticked off my never ending to-do list. In fact when I look back now I really wonder why I started it!

Question for you dear reader - Why did you start to blog?

Well, for me, simply put my roomie convinced me. She said it would be something I'd be good at and I would like it a lot. She was an avid blog reader at the time. Not a regular at any specific blogs but she could spend hours hitting the next random blog link. All the same, she was right about me loving it! I'll leave to my raptured audience to comment on how good I am at it :D (Yes! Of course I'm fishing for compliments!)

As corny as it sounds, this blog has helped me get by this last year. It is here that I have vented and ranted, mourned and rejoiced. Philosophized, rambled on, mused and worried. Shared secrets, dreams and fears and cried out for help. Of course I shouldn't even mention the creative outpourings! (There are too many to hyper-link to, so just put in my favorite ones.) I have made friends, whom even if I never personally meet, I know they'll be there for me.. just a comment away.

Through this blog I have gained insights into innumerable lives. I started out with friends who have since then disappeared for a while and made many more along the way. Alternate points of view, mundane realities of different lifestyles, humorous twists to inane situations. I have seen read stories, been entertained. People I don't know can make me worry for them with simple lines in their post. I have realized strangers can care for you and you're not alone in this world.

And it has been a terrific experience! So... here's raising a toast to the wonderful year that passed and to the many years that will follow!

On a side note, few more milestones for today. Genie crossed her 1000 mile mark this morning. She makes me so proud! I also signed the lease to my new apartment this morning. Looks like the next chapter of my life is all set to start now and I can barely wait to move on!

15 Comments:

Blogger Vadapoche said...

Super! Keep blogging. : )

8:09 PM 
Blogger Cool said...

Hey congrats for finishing one year in blogland.... when i read happy b'day was confused cos i remembered u r also a virgo...

I just started blog to express my feeling in general and have it as an online diary... I still not sure what purpose it serves but i enjoy writing it...

12:05 AM 
Blogger Nice New Guy said...

Congrats!

Read a couple of linked posts, not all yet.

My...err...blog's birthday is almost an year away. Lets see what I end up with. :)

9:27 AM 
Blogger Zee said...

"I have realized strangers can care for you and you're not alone in this world."

so true... :) though remember how scary it was in TC when u realised everyone at the table knew everything about ur life and u were meeting them for the first time?? :)

i think i started blogging coz vestige and ruchi spoke so much about blogging....and i was missing having a diary....wanted it to be anonymous....but then told myself what the hell...not like everyone doesn't know everything about my life anyway... :)

9:43 AM 
Blogger Ganju said...

ah well done - a year is most commendable. congratulations!

i start blogging cos when i try to speak in the 'real' world people ask me to shut up!

so how come so many new things all at once? car, flat etc? time to start ikea-ing?? :)

3:15 PM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Hey great going! Many mubaraks on the new innings in life - may they all bring you great joy and fun times.

Why did I re-start blogging? Because I was bored at a software office. I had NOTHING to do, and started reading blogs - stumbled upon Ruchi's, Anchit's, Zee's blogs. Blogging becomes easier when people you know are doing the same thing. Then it became the purpose of my life, atleast in June. Gives me a chance to see my thoughts in black and white. An opportunity to use my lovely Apple comp!

2:42 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apppyyy BBuurrdayyy!!!!

4:52 AM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

its been a year and a few months!I dont even remember why i started!maybe i should go read some of my old posts!!(which i do and like-i always feel like someone else wrote them!)

Congrats on ur bloggie bday!

And the jealousy continues...... :(

5:44 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey you are my blogger friend and don't know if we will ever meet...
That doesn't stop me from checking your blog to see what you have poured out every day...guess it makes all the typing definitely worth it!

5:46 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Congrats!! Its been more than a yr since I started blogging too!! But ofcourse I forgot to celebrate it, just like my bdays! :))

I started to blog because I had a real itch to write down the numerous thoughts running through my head! I wanted to express them somwhere, and then a friend of mine sent me his blog link ("Things left unsaid") and I realised that blogger is where I can pen down my thoughts, irrespective of whether someone reads it or not! And its been an amazing experience since then!

Oh and btw, I cant believe its been that long! Did I read one of your first few posts through Ank's blog?! Wow, thats a fast one yr!

And again, congrats on new apartment! Damn good feeling that is! :))

4:47 PM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

And Zee's right! Was strange meeting someone who you previously only knew through a blog!! And Zee, I totally take the credit of introducing you and Ank to blogger! :) hehehe

4:50 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

thanks guys! o took a couple of days off to read hp7 n now I have sooo many comments to reply to .. so will try and keep this short and sweet!

@jollyroger - thank you!

@cool - i think the fact that you enjoy it is the purpose is serves :)

@nice new guy - let me know what you think! and yes its nice to look back and see all thats poured out over a yr...

@zee - it still is scary!! I mean you're expecting a sat nite with a bunch of strangers glad u can kck back and enjoy (i revel in anonymity) and then suddenly i gure out u guys prob know me better than some people i meet every day!! phew!

@ganju - errrr... toilet details hairy chests and rectal probes :D I can see why you aren't allowed to talk in public :D
new chapter rocks!! Ikea has to wait a while tho ... we needs lil more monies :|

@cuckoo - I can completely understand! blogging is such good tp .. and u don't even feel like u wasted your time ... u know intellectual stimulation n all (heehee!).

@dreamer - oi! when u coming bk to bloggie land?

@bullshee - awwww!! don't be! its great fun reading your blog so a big kudos to whoever is writing your posts for you ;) u have an alter ego! thats super cool! y jealous of material things :D

@chaitiali - thats the sweetest thing to say! thank you!

@ruchika - amazing right? stupid ankz disappeared but I'm glad we met through his blog! n its been an eventful year too!

looou u guys! muah! ;)

9:20 AM 
Blogger satyajit said...

Hey nutty, congrats! I haven't much of you but keep writing :-)

8:12 PM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

I've been reading a few of your earlier posts, and realised I missed reading some of them, esp around Jan and Feb, when my own life was so crazy, I didn't have time to come to blogger much! But those were nice posts... like the one where u're philosophizing, mourning and rejoicing!

6:29 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@satyajit - thanks! will do! ;)

@ruchika - arre waah! thank you!

1:50 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home