Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Genie in my backyard...

Last week I got myself a new sweetheart who's shown me a whole new world in just a few days. Her name is "Genie".

Genie is a classic beauty - chic, stylish, and glows in the sun with an unparalleled brilliance. She's the color of a polished diamond found in a slate of graphite. She's fast, like the wind but can come to a complete halt in seconds when I need her to. She slows down when there's too much of a crowd, helping me make my way in the world. She takes the bumpy roads as smoothly as the smooth ones, cushioning my travel through life. She's big and comforting, but unfortunately, too big too hug.

She's still quite young so I can't expect her to speed up beyond a certain level. She has a good appetite but seems quite happy on a full stomach for extended periods of time. Every time I go to her, she winks at me and then growls invitingly as if encouraging me to let go of all fears and take off into the unknown. I only need to look at her to feel a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

In all honesty, I was more than a little hesitant to have her. The first day I had her I didn't even want to be with her. I thought she'd be a demonic creature, speeding up my journey (and that of those with me) to the fires of hell. I thought she'd be wild and untamed. I thought I'd have a monster on my hands. I was terrified of the responsibility.

I was wrong. She's a dream. She gives me wings to fly, yet keeps me safe from falling. I know if I take care of her, she'll take care of me. She makes the impossible come true. Thats why shes a Genie, I guess. Thats why I'm absolutely in love with her!

If you haven't figured it out already - Genie is my new car. She's a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE, approx 6 days and 400 miles old. She's a phantom gray and a real pleasure to drive. I'm Oh! So happy to have her! Yaaay!

11 Comments:

Blogger Zee said...

oh amazingggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):) congratulations!!!! when i bought my santro (which i luv very very much) i banged it in my gate some 4 days after buying it. :D better luck with yours! hehehehe!

9:25 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

Hey Congrats!!!!
its amazing to have your own car....

11:06 AM 
Blogger CandidConfessions said...

Woww! Congratzzz.. Thats too good for you!! Enjoy! :)

12:51 PM 
Blogger Chaitali Patel said...

awesome...congratulations. quite impressed that you have bought such a big car!!!

11:08 PM 
Blogger Anahat said...

returning the blog link.. and i'm glad someone acually reads the crap i write! :-) it usllay jus whinging or ranting... the absolute anonimity of it all is quote liberatin! and congats on the wheels i kin completely connect.

5:30 AM 
Blogger satyajit said...

Wow, enjoy it. I really dont understand the pleasure of a possession (except items of clothing)..i see proud possessions of my friends and how much they're infatuated/obsessed with it..i guess i'll only be as attached when i buy something that i really prize (read a laptop)..otherwise, i'm fairly detached..but a car! u deserve the happiness, kiddo :-)

7:26 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Ooooh!! Nice!!!! Congratulations!! Very very cool that you bought a nice car... I still remember when I bought my car (an amazingly beautiful cherry red coloured santro), I was shit scared the whole time I drove from the showroom back to my place! I forgot that I've been driving for donkey's years and it seemed like its the first time I was taking a car out! Hehehe.. its a great feeling... good for you!

1:30 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

thaaannnkkk yyyyoooouuuu everybody!

@zee - i got a teeeeeny weeny scratch on day 3 but you can barely spot it so phew!

@chaitali - it was the smallest 4-door sedan in the market! i dislike 2-doors an somehow hatchbacks always have this blind spot for me .. all the same .. yaay!

@anahat - i completely agree about the anonymity of a blog being liberating... till i met zee n ruchika n all the anonymity went for a toss! well hopefully I'll meet all you guys sometime too :)

@satyajit - the first time i bought my laptop i was just too scared to hit confirm!! I had never seen so much money in my account as would spend with that I click! I'm not half as obsessed with my car as some friends I know .. but yes she does make me smile .. no matter how crappy my day is!

@ruchika - I'm still scared out of my wits! I don't think I'll ever be not scared :D

12:11 AM 
Blogger Anshul said...

congratulations!
send snaps madum

3:31 AM 
Blogger Lavanya said...

hahaha.... congrats...

You could have posted a picture of your sweetheart for the whole world to see :)

6:41 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
Awsum... Congratulations....

7:05 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home