Thursday, August 28, 2008

Never say "Never!"

On Wednesday night I had a dinner date.

No biggie.

On Wednesday night I had a dinner date with a guy whom I was introduced to through ... shaadi.com!!!

My reaction .... Wow!! Wow! Just Wow!

I actually went and met someone that I got to know through a matrimonial website! I'm still in shock I think.

In all fairness, I did have a surprisingly good time. He is a really nice, normal, well mannered, interesting, funny guy. It was easy talking to him. It was comfortable. I had been "talking" to him online for a little over a week before we met and we had done the usual ritualistic exchange of photographs so it wasn't a complete blind date. It also wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had thought such situations would be.

Ok! Ok! So I was wrong. When I'm wrong I admit it!

So not everyone who goes through these sites is a socially inept loser who couldn't get a person to marry them. And the "beta chai pilao" scene does not have to be a part of your life if you don't want it to. It can be, quite simply, just another medium to meet other singles out there; maybe even make some friends in the process. Ok! Fine, on second thoughts, maybe the making friends part is overly optimistic.

Coming back to me and my life drama... I met yet another guy... (Is this blog turning into an online chronicle of all the "guys" I seem to meet through random circumstances? I think so..) but moving on.

No I don't know if or when I'll see him again. Yes, I think we seemed to hit it off. No, I don't know what happens next. Yes, he called a day later and we're still talking/SMS'ing/emailing. Yes, I'm doing ok... thanks for asking!

I'm still adjusting to the whole idea but it doesn't seem quite as bad as I had thought it might be. I'm only afraid of being a softy as usual and getting too attached too soon and then being disappointed. So I'm trying to keep my distance this time. It's tough 'coz he's really easy to talk to and very similar to me in his interests/likes/dislikes. But I think the fact that all of this is a calculated procedure to hitch people up kind of helps keeps things in perspective.

What happens to my stubborn faith that I will get my chance at finding love by just bumping into Mr. Right, looking into his eyes and just knowing this is it? Do I still believe that such love stories exist outside the realm of the movies? I'm not so sure any more. Maybe this is my story. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe there are no stories and we only wish there were. Or maybe it's just not meant to be for me. Who knows?

If I'm going to do this I have to do this with an open mind and I need to give this guy an honest chance. That's all I'm doing. If this is to be my story... so be it :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote the part above a day or so ago... I just got back from a high school classmate's engagement party.. it was a fun evening. The bride to be was drunk and quite simply overjoyed (touch wood!). She was truly the life of the party. I only hope I can be just as happy when I'm getting married.

Makes me wonder if I have really given up on my dreams for my love story just yet... maybe not I guess... but are the God's listening?!

Lots of love to her! I hope she stays this happy forever! Muuaaah!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Take your time and have fun...but trust your instincts when you meet the guy and something tells you its HIM!

8:35 AM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Please allow me my moment to say "I told you so"! Sometimes you need to put in effort to find Mr.Right, just walking along roads and bumping into strangers won't do. Surfing helps, huh? But, be careful,sites sometimes have some men that moms warned us about in childhood.

Good Luck to your friend! A good marriage is an absolute fun place to be in :)

4:41 AM 
Blogger Anshul said...

tune mujhe dhoka de diya ... zaalim!

10:22 AM 
Blogger SB said...

Et tu Brutus... I think I'm going to throw a fit and not talk to you for few days...
Kisi ko kuch kaam hi nahi bacha hai

2:45 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Coming here after a long time... sometimes I think we're twins! Our lives and thought run together :D

I wont say anymore :)

7:11 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

@ady - thank you for the advice ... only time will tell ..

@cuckoo - I'm just stunned tht actually agreed to do this... but yes you may take credit for it .. as for whether it works or not .. only time will tell!

@anshul - hain? kisne kisko dhoka dia zaalim?

@soan - you know i loouu u na? :)

@still searching - I think shud call you soon :)

4:09 AM 
Blogger SIM said...

A moment of silence please while i overreact... Oh no, not you! You've gone over to the other side now Ms Nutty... Though I am happy for you :) Happy trails!

12:31 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too have the same dream....meetin someone and falling in love..and quite often i feel of givin up on it...
have asked God many times over too whether He can see wat happenin and whether he intends to make my dream come true...

here is to hopin that this dream does come true :)

12:13 AM 
Blogger happyz said...

Just tell me one thing.. If that (MR Right) guy is bumping on you .. how can he be Mr Right?

he is absolute Mr Wrong wrong types ;)

Look around properly to check if he is round... :)
Cheers!!

6:49 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@sim - i know!! :( I'm probably heading back tho.. not sure I can do this .. kinda sitting on the fence right now ...

@illusion - yup! yup! for u n me both! Amen!

@happyz - if he's the right kinda guy a lil bumpin never hurts ;) ;)
hee! hee!

1:40 PM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

I love the new blog layout. The header pic is really good.

Hey there!Long time!Seems your out soul(guy) searchin these days!

Best of luck at that! :-)

Does the guy know about the blog?

6:15 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home