Thursday, September 20, 2007

Of Birthdays, Gifts and Cake

I'm 27 today (yes, really) and this is going to be the best year of my life so far. The brooding melancholic "young nutty" has decided to be optimistic for a change. I have realized that my life is truly blessed.

I'm done with studying and exams, I have a job I love (I can't seem to say that often enough somehow), I have my own apartment, my first new car, I'm single and being wooed by an extremely eligible guy (no, not my guitar playing friend people... ah! now there's mystery!) and I'm living life one hip-hop lesson at a time! What more could I ask for (other than maybe a million dollars and a house in Bali, of course)?

I have friends who really truly care for me and believe that their love for me is demonstrated best when in direct proportion to the amount of cake they plaster on me. They search for fruit wine because, for some reason they don't quite understand, I wont drink alcohol these days and they respect that. They call at all odd hours to wake me up ask me what time it is in LA (it's 4:00 am!!) wish me a happy birthday and tell me to "go back to sleep!!". And if they don't get through they call again and again till they do.

I have a family which misses me every minute of every day because I'm not there with them. A family which never lets me see how weak they can be while I'm out here pursuing my dreams; in stead motivates me to get further ahead. They are my source of strength.

Yes. I really do have everything I need to make this a truly fantastic year.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
(... to everyone out there :D )

16 Comments:

Blogger Ganju said...

well done young nutty! always a good idea to try and start the year on a positive note. and yes, your life sounds quite wonderful. so have a wonderful, birthday and a great year.

oh and if you think that people waking you up at 4 am is a good thing, then you can probably give up the hip-hop classes now - you've already achieved nirvana!

3:44 PM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Awww.... bday!!! happy budday!! touchwood, your life really sounds awesome, and one gets the feeling "you've arrived"! Awesome!! Good thing u're not down with teh blues on your bday like I was on my 27th! Oh, and yes cake smearing seems to be a widely acknowledged expression of love!

And pls give more details on eligible guy!! ;)

4:39 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Bday Wishes!!!!!!!

U've got such a wonderful life...n the best part is ur enjoyin it so much...

Have a very successful n wonderful year ahead!!

p.s: The live bookmark feature aint workin on ur blog anymore!

9:57 PM 
Blogger shantanu said...

Depending on how we look at it --most of us are much better off than we give ourselves credit for

7:42 AM 
Blogger Zee said...

muuuuuuuuuuuuahhhhhhhhh to u too!!! though i know u'd rather it came from hot cool boy!!!

happy birthday sweetie!!! and i know u'll have a SUPER year ahead!!!

10:57 AM 
Blogger Anshul said...

Happy Budday madum;
May you get all that you yearn for (please tell me I am in the list as well!)

HAHAHAH

Cheers!

12:26 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

Hey Belated happy b'day nuts...and wishing you loads of happiness in times to come....

2:00 AM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

Happy Birthday Nutty!!!

May the next year be a...er...fruitful one!!! :D

6:38 PM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Happy b'day half n half! May your year ahead rock! Umm, am sure you miss your family too, and they know that you do! Enjoy yourselves and when in doubt, wear your best clothes and hit the dance floor :) Yo Nutty!

11:10 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

thanks guys! once again -
muuuuaaaaahhhhh!!!

@illusion - not sure what the problem is or how to fix it :( let me know what I should do!

2:08 AM 
Blogger Ganju said...

BAH! i demand a personalized response. what is this "thanks your guys nonsense". you got a well-crafted comment, i DEMAND a well-crafted response!

5:47 PM 
Blogger Nice New Guy said...

Wish that the year to come brings even better things in your life.

(Belated) Happy Birthday!

11:52 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Very late...but nevertheless happy belated b'day. Hope you have a fantastic year ahead.

10:04 PM 
Blogger Vadapoche said...

Happy Birthday! Have a gr8 year ahead!

9:16 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@ganju - here you go! happy now are we? :)

@chaitali, jollyroger, nice new guy -
thank you!

11:10 AM 
Blogger Ganju said...

hahaha - thank you :)

1:21 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home