Saturday, August 25, 2007

Resolves, conspiracies and close encounters of the marital kinds...

I plan to write something real one day. Actually I plan to write fiction so maybe not "real", so cross that out I guess. Let's start over. I always wanted to write a book and I was considering starting it now. I live alone so distractions are minimal and I have a lot of time to myself. It seemed like a good idea but, as any novice writer soon realizes, writing requires a lot of discipline and concentrated effort and I don't think I'm quite there yet. To add to that, I'm sure there are some, even among you my dear readers, who would agree that my grasp of the language isn't strong enough yet. Hence, I have resolved to discipline myself by writing a post for my blog at least once a week. I mean, I have to start somewhere!

First off, I wanted to take in to consideration a certain balding blogger's censure and keep my post light and humorous so I spent all day trying to figure out what I could write about that would be funny. I am not a funny person. My life is not the least bit humorous. I was so troubled by this task that I stood under the shower for fifteen minutes and then stepped out thinking I was all done, only to realize I hadn't touched the soap! So I went back under and continued to rattle my brains. I have dishes piled high in the sink that need to be washed, laundry to be done, a vacuum cleaner which needs to be inaugurated, a car that needs to go to the car wash and a dozen other chores. Yet all I can do is sit before my laptop and think! Oh! Well! I'll just ramble on for now.

This week I signed up for a hip-hop class at the local community college for five Thursdays starting mid-September. I'm quite excited about it. I was wondering what kind of people I'd find with me in the class. The instructor is white and female, so I doubt I'll find too many African-Americans. Considering it's a mid-week course at an unknown local college I doubt I'll find any other Indians there either. Which means it will probably be full of Mexicans. Sorry Latinos (oops!). What of the white population you ask? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, I do live in LA you know! There are no whites in LA!

Demographics of my city aside, I have been surfing on a stolen Internet connection for about a month now. No, I'm not a miserly freeloader. The Time Warner Cable Company guys have made three unsuccessful attempts to come install my Internet and cable but have surpassed themselves at failing miserably. Their next attempt is scheduled for next Saturday, which is the start of the long weekend, thereby putting an end to any plans I may have wanted to make. I think they're in cahoots with my boss. He probably is going to spring a surprise deadline on me later this week and wants to make sure I have no "prior commitments" so I can work through the long weekend. Ah! Now that’s a true conspiracy theory!

In fact I think my friends may be in on this too. You see there has been some talk of a trip being planned during those days but every time I ask "where to?" no one seems to know. The default reply is always "How does it matter? You’re not coming, right?". They may have been a little upset with me for giving the cable guy higher priority over them. Or maybe they've been bribing the cable guys to keep me tied up that weekend so that they can get their much needed break from me! I do believe I'm on a roll here with this conspiracy theory. Hmmm...

Unfortunately for them though, I do get some benefit from not having a net connection. Confused, right? Well the marriage brigade has been ringing my doorbell for a few weeks now. My family wants pictures of me to pass around. Thankfully, since I have no Internet (and my mother doesn't know about the stolen connection or the existence of this blog or my kodakgallery account) I have so far managed to keep all such requests at bay. I'm buying me some time to think of a really good way to get out of it this time. Any ideas, dear reader?

Such is the story of my non-funny life. And I really need to get to my chores. Sigh!

18 Comments:

Blogger satyajit said...

hip hop should be lotsa fun (slightly envious)

and i feel a litle sheepish for not haing visited yr blog often enough even after having read your poem, which i liked

3:50 AM 
Blogger Anshul said...

Hip hop is neat but I thouhgt all you had to do was to make an attitude face and put your left hand in a "Z" shape and keep nodding your heading with your bum swaying
Ah well, maybe you can give me some online tips now I guess.

About the snaps one; do what I did sent all ssnaps which had a bottle seen somewhere and 1 of the Beast (from my Rotweiler account); honest to betsy I did that; dad is not too amused but he is not asking for more; photo plans delayed to my visit in Nov.
QED; all this getting over women is making me sharp you know...

5:15 AM 
Blogger Ganju said...

HAHAHAHAHA ..... very well done young nutty! we are suitably amused, we approve. we approve!

i completely know what you mean about all the chores, and my to-do list is remarkably similar to yours. another exciting sunday, i suppose :)

and while i am most impressed that you respond to my command i find the need to say that despite what the name might suggest I AM NOT BALDING!!!!

10:34 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

i have more list of pending chores than you... but most irritating ones can be outsourced here :)

and i also decided to dabble with something since i am also living alone and have time.. but it doesn't sound exciting anymore.... cos it is studies :(

and get married soon... Your readers wishes are with you....

11:17 PM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

Go nutty!Go nutty!Go nutty!

Thats my contribution and encouragement for future bloggin'!!

A class for hip-hop!? :D What do they teach? How low can your jeans get? How many diamonds is bling enough?!How to grind without losin it all?! :D

The marriage brigade eh?Well, allow me to quote Iron Maiden as I say:

Run to the Hillssssssss........
Run for your Lifeeee!!!!

:D :D :D

1:04 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@satyajit - yup! can't wait to start! And about visiting regularly - its ok don't worry come n read when u like.. I ain't goin no where ;)

@anshul - ha!ha! I think thats the "Walk like an Egyptian" dance :) but not to worry I shall soon find out and I promise to let you know!
About the pics - I actually want to send all my drunken revelry ones coz I so don't want any stuffed shirts with the "gurls shudn't drink" attitude even thinking they have a chance! But yeah, I don't think my folks would be too amused either ;)

@ganju - apologies sir! and thank you! we aim to please :D

@cool - coool!!! how could you?! "get married soon"?? why??!! dost dost na raha!! sniff!! sniff!!

@bullshee - thats what you'd think right?! me too! I'm totally inspired by still searching's post on "the grind" so I shall find out first hand what on earth it is that they hope to accomplish by this irreverent dance form ;) hehehe! will keep you posted!
and as for running - I already ran and came half way around the world! now what?!

12:09 PM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

I dont understand.. I'm so sure I already commented on this post... oh wait, I wasnt sure of what I was doing... errr... may have been in my head... u're lucky I didnt comment last night, esp after I wrote my latest post! Hehehe...

Ok, now getting back to seriously commenting... first, I totally acknowledge that you're not using my real name.... thanks, for being aware of that! u're one of the few! :))

Secondly, I think the whole world is in a big conspiracy theory agaisnt me too, so I dont think u're imagining things... or may u are, and so am i...

Anyways hip hop class sounds verrryyy cool.. will they teach u how to grind too?! pls tell me if the guy is supposed to move or not! :)) hehehhe...

Btw, I totally relate to when you say "I'm not funny", coz I'm not either... On a regular basis atleast.. hmmm....

And last but not the least.. marriage... avoiding proposal hunting... hmmm.. the less said the better.. how about creating a hot american boyfriend (or better, actually having one) and sending pics to ur family, so that they'll be out of connection for a while atleast, with the shock...

Wow, that was a loong comment... Hope u were able to read the whole of it!

3:29 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

@still searchin - hahaha! will definitely update you on the details if i get to know them! wow! I never realized hip hop would generate such a lot of interest :D

gora boyfriend - not a good idea! You see I don't think they're really worried about "what" I marry as long as I do normal constraints being considered of course! :D
who knows mebbe the hip hop helps with that tho ;)

6:14 PM 
Blogger Zee said...

where on earth did my comment go????????

i too wanted to become a book writer....hmmmm....maybe i should blog about that!!!

very very cool about hip hop....so are u going to become like fergi??????? wowwww

3:12 AM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Hip-hop sounded cool to me too... I tried it and found that my 'well-rounded' personality made hip-hop moves a BIT different from the course teacher... I guess many other women felt that way too... class III had only 5 of us (compared to the original 30) Howzzat?

write in with hiphop updates... go girl!

5:06 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

arre its the season of people getting married, so you can also go ahead with it.. just got news yesterday my ex roomie getting married.. me not shifting to delhi in near future....

11:15 AM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

@nutty:go underground a la French Resistance Style??!! And the guys will never ever think that Da Grind is irrelevant!!!Mwahahahaha[evil laugh]

1:06 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@zee - lol! fergi?! seriously doubt that!

@cuckoo - u took 3 levels of hip hop?! wow! I definitely hope its that much fun for me too!

@cool - dilli waalo ki shaadi jaldi hoti hai kya? yeh kahan se conclusion nikla? n yes it def feels like an epidemic.. soo many of my frenz are also getting married! :(

@bullshee - 'irreverent'! not 'irrelevant'! n yes going underground is very tempting at the moment!!

6:19 PM 
Blogger burf said...

have you ever heard about adobe photoshop?

5:59 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

arre dilli waalo kee shaadi jaldi nahee hoti... but if you are close to ur family shaadi jaldi ho jaati hai... and my family is in delhi.. thats why the comment.

11:23 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@burf - your point being?

@cool - ooooo! ab samajh aaya! :)

11:55 AM 
Blogger Anshul said...

refering to Cool's comments; next in line are Ank and Z then then Cool; then me (shit need to move to New Zealand or something) then you; so Nutty you are safe.
hang in the grind I say!

10:34 PM 
Blogger unpredictable said...

Tell them ur due to be transfered soon and ull start cooperating in the man hunt as soon as u find stability in location .. can?

10:05 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home