Monday, August 13, 2007

My "guitar playing friend" :-)

A few months ago I spent two nights out with a stranger and lived to blog about it. We talked (a lot!) and hit some sort of common frequency. And then he went away, but fortunately not from my life. Thanks to the Internet (I can't seem to be thankful enough for it now can I?!) we have been in touch, constantly in touch. We talk every day. He tries to wake me up on time, I try to make him sleep on time and the time difference works for us. In the last three months I have gone to the east coast one weekend and he came back to the west coast once.

What sounds like a long distance relationship to most is, in reality, something a lot more important for me. In my experience, friendships last longer than romances. And I have found a real friend. And this is my tribute of thanks to him.

I start my day with his coaxing me awake. He has the patience of a saint. He makes sure I get to work on time. He makes sure I eat well. He has persuaded me to give up sodas and brush my teeth every night. He tries to get me to cook dinner so that I don't sleep hungry. He is thoughtful and caring. He pays attention to the details. He makes sure I'm ok.

I know him to be strong willed, almost stubborn. He never gives up on something he wants. It is this reserve of strength that helps me keep up my morale whenever I get that down-in-the-dumps feeling. His take on life is unlike anyone else's I ever known. I know he went through some pretty difficult times in life and he's come out of it with dignity and I respect him for that.

Truth be told, while he is the one who has made me more careful of my grammar in my posts, he is also solely responsible for completely ruining my spoken English. He is funny and witty, sometimes bordering real genius! No matter what kind of mood I call him in, he can always make me laugh. He listens when I talk, which, of course, happens a lot. He tells me when I'm wrong and then immediately proceeds to make me feel better. He helps me in the most ridiculous situations and just makes my life so much easier. He has the map of LA memorized and always helps me get to where I need to go by the simplest route possible. His memory is awe-inspiring!

Oh! And of course he is, first and foremost, a musician. Did I tellya he's an awesome guitar player? Surprisingly it was not why we started talking but it certainly adds to the coolness factor! O Well! It doesn't hurt!

And if you're getting sick of the cheesiness and the nauseating sugar sweetness of this post - well now heres the truth! Did I tell you about his wit and genius? If you're not careful that wit will sucker you into promising a pure ego-boost post on your very own blog! Ok! Ok! I didn't get suckered into it. I walked into it with my eyes open in exchange for a stupid bet!

Oh well!

What can I say?! It's still all true and I'm still happy to be his friend.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ganju said...

my goodness. that was .... well to be really honest it was sweet.

on an unrelated note - how much do i need to pay you to write "an ode to ganju" :)

8:20 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Awww... that was SO cute!! You dont have to wonder at all 'why?"!!

And I'm veryyyyy jealous! Haha! :))

3:40 PM 
Blogger Ganju said...

i suddenly had the urge to call you nutteshwar. i think that suits you. in fact my guess is that your real name is nutteshwar ... which is where nutty comes from. and before you start making comments about how i'm mocking your name ... remember .... i'm called ganju :)


PS: once again, i'm sorry
PPS: oh god i'm commenting too much
PPPS: please don't banish me from your blog!

5:59 PM 
Blogger Nice New Guy said...

Seems to be a nice guy.

Women readers would get jealous of you. One in comments above already did! :)

10:49 PM 
Blogger Zee said...

i'm curious...in ur previous posts u said he doesn't speak 2 of ur native languages....do we get to know his ethnicity?

7:17 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@ganju - no ode for you! anyone who thinks I should be called nutteshwar (!?!) gets no ode! :P
thanku for the 'sweet' tho :D

@ruchika - lol! yes that is right! You never need to wonder why you found a friend :) don't be jealous .. I don't mind sharing my frenz (first ankz n zee .. then septic .. the list goes on?)

@nice new guy - one nice guy thinks another guy is nice.. lol! well I don't disagree with you :)

@zee - c'mon gurl! let there remain something mysterious and exotic about this na .. much cooler eh? ;D

5:11 PM 
Blogger Gomathy S said...

That sounds awesome..!!
Internet provides a great link these days..I just happened to meet a friend after 10 long years :)

2:49 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem ahem... no comments...
mere liye to kabhi kisi ne kuch nahi likha... m sad.. sniff..sniff

10:57 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Nahin yaar.. Ank and Zee were already my friends when you and I met! This guy cant be shared, I'd prefer you have exclusive rights!! :))

4:18 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

@scribbler - me too! lots of old school frenz .. this friend of course i met barely 3 months ago :) but the net is a real blessing ..

@dreamer - ruk tu beta .. abhi likhti hu! aa gayi waapis online?

@still searching - lol! your wish! :)

4:48 PM 
Blogger Cool said...

:)

12:21 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home