Monday, July 30, 2007

I'd like to thank...

(my director, my producers, my co-stars, my fans, my family, my dog, my....)

Oh! well, I got tagged by Zee to come up with 8 things I'm thankful for (who picked 8!?) and even though she went on to 10 I'm going to stick to 8... at least I think I am...

So here goes -

Internet

If it wasn't for the ubiquitous World Wide Web, I think almost everyone I know would die! It has made itself an absolute essential in all our lives. I need it to stay in touch with my parents and family, my friends, my boss and colleagues. I need it to know whats going on in th world, how to to get to anywhere, downloading music/movies, where to buy, what to buy, when to buy, banking, Saturday night spots and of course blogging. You name it and I can either Google or wiki it. It just had to be the topmost on my list!

My car

My baby! My darling! My sweetheart! Ah! No reasons necessary... my Genie I am thankful for every single morning since I got her :)

My gadgets - my laptop, my cell phone and my Ipod.

Laptop, because it connects me to the above mentioned Internet. And even if there's no Internet it keeps me sane by becoming my movie theater or sound box as the need arises. Its got all my pictures (about 7GB at last count) which combined form my memories of 1.5 yrs in LA. My cell phone, because I would be completely lost without it. I'm a little paranoid about not having my cellphone with me charged and within range at all times. I like to know I'm a phone call away from help in case of any sort of trouble. Don't ask why, its just the way I am. And my Ipod for making the world dance to my tunes wherever I am :D Its one of the best birthday gifts I ever got and I'm oh! so grateful for it!

Bollywood

If anyone didn't know this about me as yet - well you do now! I love Bollywood! The good, the bad, the ugly. All of it. It keeps me sane. My roomies often said it was the panacea for all my troubles. I completely agree. I love every facet of it. The dramatic, the melodramatic, the ridiculous and the beautiful. I watch almost every movie released (I draw my line at Himess-bhai-Ressamiya movies) and I listen to every OST at least twice (some take longer than once to grow on you!).

Microwaves and packed foods

I used to love cooking at one time but that's history now. I now look for anything which will fill my stomach with minimum effort so packed foods and the microwave often save the day. Thank you for making so many dinners easy for me.

My job and my boss

I can't say this often enough. I'm so grateful I have a job that I love and a boss who isn't a pain. No guys, no one from work knows this blog exists so I'm not sucking up or anything of the sort (not that I'm above that sort of thing .. whatever works I mean, but you gotta keep your blog honest ya!). I'm so glad that I have the means of earning a living and paying bills doing something that I can do well and that doesn't sap all the life out of me. I wake up happy to go to work (not necessarily happy to wake up but then again we can't have everything!) and I don't mind staying at work for as long as it takes to get the job done. And my boss is a cool guy so phew! Thank God!

Credit cards

It is so much easier to spend on credit, though paying it back can be a bitch! But for now, what with new apartment expenses and what have you (Oh! I moved this weekend by the way!) I'm just glad I have my card :-)

People in my world

And just so that I don't sound completely materialistic, I saved the best for last - the people in my world! If I named them individually I would overrun 8 at least a million times over so lets just mention them under a single bullet. Of course I have to start with my parents and brother, they are my eternal life support system. I would of course be a goner without them. A close backup life support system would have to be those crazy knuckle-headed buffoons around the world who for some reason that completely eludes me are still my friends! Hats off to you guys! I don't know how you do it but I'm glad you still stick around. These people are spread all over the world from China to West coast USA and everything in between, going clockwise of course. Errr... and Australia... and Hawaii.... Oh! All over the world, you get the idea!

Of course, include yourselves in that list dear reader, I'm glad you're there to listen to me in all my moods and still come back for more!


So that's it. The top 8 things I'm thankful for. Of course I'm also thankful for electricity, painkillers, vending machines, ATMs, shampoo, oh! and deodorants! Oh yes! Thank god for deodorants!

And people can thank me because I'm not going to tag anyone specific with this beyond me simply because there are a handful of us who end up reading each others blogs and I already know at least 5 people who have been tagged so it will get kinda repetitive I think. But if you want to get tagged 'coz this is something you think you want to blog about - go ahead! consider yourself tagged!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

(dunno why... it just seemed like an appropriate end :P)

11 Comments:

Blogger bigfatdeal said...

Lol @ deodorant. I know your dirty, little secret :D.

7:12 AM 
Blogger Zee said...

aha! finally u have untagged urself! i guessed the first 2! but i totally thank bollywood too.....the number of emotions it evokes in me...all sorts...makes me feel really alive!!!

8:59 AM 
Blogger Ganju said...

hmmm ... must confess i did notice the lack of people. i also noticed how you shadily tried to make up for it with that "save the best for last" trick :) well tried!

but well done young nutty, well done. i enjoyed it.

10:43 AM 
Blogger Cool said...

Nice read :)

11:31 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

enjoyed it too...:)

4:50 AM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

Ah! What would life be without credit cards (and not coz' i sell 'em to make a living!) But yup, agree with u on that. You may want to thank Dominos' et al too!

9:53 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Hey, I'm a cellphone with me at all times maniac too! I think that if I have my cell and cards withme, I can get through almost any crisis! :)

Nice list! As my little cousin says - "it was much enjoyable" :)

11:33 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@bigfatdeal - alas! I serious wish more people knew about deodorant though!

@zee - someone recently called me a "closet romantic with escapist tendencies" for being a bollywood fan!! insane eh?!

@ganju - Damn! I thought I'd gotten away with it! Ah! that razor sharp brain of yours! :P

@cool - thank you!

@chaitali - thank you!

@cuckoo - ah! not quite dominoes but home delivery! yes yes! thank you for reminding me! The thai home deliveries are more popular around here and open till late as well so a well deserved thank you to them!
And to you for reminding me :)

@ruchika - lol! you and seem to have a lot in common gurl! going to call you tomorrow! promise!

2:20 PM 
Blogger Ganju said...

hahahaha - are you mocking my razor sharp brain? tsk tsk ... now even little kids are mocking me. whatever is this world coming to???

2:31 PM 
Blogger Nasia said...

U Luv ur job.. wow!! I envy u...
Deo.. how cud i miss it.. in my list..

3:35 PM 
Blogger Bullshee said...

I said I like my job too on this tag and people found it weird!I wonder why!!!??

And the dolphins from Hitchhikers right? Well, that seems like an appropriate ending indeed....if you're leaving the planet!

11:21 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home