Monday, May 21, 2007

Another night ... Another dream ...

Yes, for those with insatiable curiosity, he called. Not the next day but the day after. He said - no ones home, I'm alone and itching to play the guitar and I got beer, you want to to come over?

I should have said no. Why did I say yes?

He picked me up, played the guitar while I hummed along and chatted like the night before until his friends came home at midnight, singing "Happy Birthday to you"!! It was his birthday! I guess its good I said yes! So we sat around, him, me and his friends, these guys drinking, playing the guitar, me making requests and humming along till everyone else dropped off to sleep and it was just us again.

I should have gone home. Why did I stay till the sun came out?

We talked about how bizarre this was, how completely unusual for both of us. Its really weird that we could talk this freely.. about everything! I really can't remember most of what we talked about that night. I do remember at one point we were discussing what fruits we liked and for some reason it seemed really important that we liked the same fruits! And then we just stayed together... completely at ease with each other waiting for the sun to come out.

He asked me if I'd come back after a nap and help him pack. I should have said no and wished him goodbye right then. Why did I go the next afternoon?

Like I told him, I do not know. We're not anything other than friends. Yet we're hoping we get to meet again. I know I am. He's barely taller than me, definitely thinner than me, and yes, almost 2 yrs younger. Home for him is the worst city in the world for me. He doesn't speak either of my native tongues. But he's sweet, and thoughtful. He makes me laugh just to hear the sound of my laugh. And he laughs with me, at the worst of my jokes (though his jokes are a lot worse than mine)! He makes this post extremely cliched and corny but I know if I were to read this with him we'd both delight in the cheesiness of it all. This is not a love story; its just a glimpse at what could have been something special.

I guess I don't want to really know how this ends. But for the moment, I think I made a friend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

m so green.. :)
good to mk new frnds esp the ones we click with.. And share comfortable silence and laughter....
Enjoi.... n ths days distance doesnt matter nor does age ;)

11:58 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

Awwww... this is so cute!!! And why u being so pessimistic?! Perhaps can lead to more than just this, or not! No harm in dreaming for a while :)

I for one, totally understand what you mean by "glimpse of something special"...

Awww.. I cant believe how cute this sounds :) Hehehehe..

10:45 AM 
Blogger Cuckoo said...

hey, hang in there... as the wise ones say "time has the best answers" :D Until then, enjoy yourselves.

4:39 AM 
Blogger nutty said...

@dreamer - lol! yes I'm quite enjoying myself for the moment :)

@ruchika - its way too cutesy even for me! lol! well what the heck! a lil bit of sugar never really hurts ;)

@cuckoo - good advice! was just what I was planning to do! Thanks for returning the visit!

7:34 AM 
Blogger CandidConfessions said...

I absolutely relate to this!!!!
Oh so muchhh! But I could have never spoken about these feelings! Felt like reading my own thoughts! Sweet!

12:28 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

@candid - thank you!

1:11 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home