Friday, April 06, 2007

What tangled webs we weave!

Have you ever got the feeling that there are too many people watching you? Asking about how you are, wanting to know whats going on in your life, giving advice, analyzing your mistakes and shaking their heads worrying about how you're going to do anything in life on your own?

Lately I've been feeling too... connected (for the lack of a better word)! The chat messengers are always logged in, the emails notifications are always on, the scrap notifications from Orkut are always on, I'm constantly in conversation with someone through at least one of these mediums. As a result all I do all day is sit in front of the laptop and type. If no one's online I get restless, irritable, cranky. A sense of purposelessness takes over. In short, the global village is highly addictive and is making me neurotic. To the extent that I just want to cut ties with everyone I possibly can. Retreat into a cocoon of peace and silence. Bother no one and be bothered by no one in return. Get in touch with me again. Think of stuff going on in my head, work out my problems, and just be okay with the decisions I make.

So thats exactly what I did. I stopped monitoring my Gmail, signed out of Gtalk, stopped orkutting, started staying by myself whenever I can help it. I even cleaned out the wallpaper on my laptop to a blank neutral pale blue. gone are the pictures holding memories and crowded thoughts. I'm not upset or down in the dumps. I'm perfectly okay. Maybe not too communicative. But at peace.

I don't know how long it will last. For now I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

the same happens with me... just stuck to the net..orkuting, blogging, adding things,.... as like a "net ki keeda"..

1:49 AM 
Blogger Still Searching said...

I know! Thats happened to me as well, and I've done just that.. Logged off.

:))

2:54 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home