Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Truth about Me ..

I used to know me a long time ago,
Was I happier then? I still don't know...
I hold on to something so long gone
in fear of what I may have become...

Who is this stranger to me unknown?
Disconnected from me, my insides numb
going through the motions with each rising sun
lose myself once more when each day is gone...

I live my own reality
unaware of the multitudes around me
so far away... to far to reach
shackeld by pain, shrouded in misery,

Who am I? What am I to be?

Simple words... questions deep...
keep me up each night, never let me sleep,
keep me tied to my past, they don't let me grieve
A long time ago I used to know me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Still Searching said...

We are all afraid of change, in our surroundings, in our near and dear ones and definitely in ourselves! We all used to be someone we came to like back then, but then who we are right now could also be someone u can come to like, if u tried to get out of the past and get to know ur present self! I'm talking more to myself than you, when I say this.. but it holds good for all of us.. I love the remnants of the person I used to be, but am beginning to accept and like the person who I am now too..

10:57 PM 
Blogger nutty said...

Its not really about which "me" I like better. Rather its not knowing who I am anymore... about living life on autopilot and not really knowing if this is really what I want to be... wondering what has changed... and has it changed for the better or worse... its just all about being clueless I guess...

8:57 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home